digital india essay in english
the digital India is one of the biggest schemes launched by the govt of India in the year 2015. this program was initiated to make the general public aware of the govt schemes and policies which made connection of the local people along with the biggest names in the political field quite easy. now its a common sight to talk with the concerned authorities via the internet just by posting about the problem online on social media. this change has been brought about by the emergence of low cost of data networks as well unlimited calling options on almost every telecom operator. this program of the govt of India was first launched by the prime minister Narendra Modi.
Objectives of the mission
the large scheme has been divided into many sub categories. The major aim of this scheme is listed as follows —-
1. to create a stable digital infrastructure which connects every nook and corner of our country.
2. to make the schemes and policies of the govt easily accessible via the internet. this term is referred to as e-governance.
3. to make the public digitally literate so that they can develop the basic skills on working with technology.
the government is obsessed with spending large amount of money to make the people digitally literate because to make the country grow the people needs to be digitally advanced. the people must be made acquainted with the new high-end technologies so that they can make use of them to make the living standards better. by living standards i mean to say that people are using more digital payments for their day to day transactions. its common sight now a days to see small tea shops using digital payments instead of asking for change in cash. also, the govt officials are now a tweet away as whenever we face any problems, we use to tweet the respective department and they try to help us.
Pillars of Digital India scheme
the digital India scheme is based on certain key points which have influenced the formulation and rolling out of the mission phase wise. the points are —
1. IT as a source of livelihood for major part of the people. The IT industries have been on a hiring spree as they tend to pull a greater number of people.
2. making the people digitally connected via mobiles. for this the telecom operators have reduced the cost of data and made voice calling unlimited.
3. information for all. this point ensures that people even from the remotest part of the country can easily access information when required by them.
4. E-governance. this is one of the main reasons why the scheme of digital India was launched. the govt intended to make the public aware of the scdigital india essay in englishhemes and policies and thus wanted to created a reign of governance via the internet.
there are lot of other pillars but these are the major ones. it will be impossible to note down each and every one of them here as this will make the article quite boring and long.
Services available to public
the scheme off Digital India has made accessible to a wide variety of programs available to the general public. let’s see the detailed description of some of them —
1. MyGov.in: this is the official portal for the government where public can look for the info on new policies initiated by the govt. the people can also lodge their grievances and complaints on this site regarding any govt office.
2. UMANG: it stands for Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. through this, people can book tickets, pay bills of electricity, water, gas etc, log into educational portals, pay taxes etc. However, for all of this to happen people must have their Aadhaar Card with them which authorises them to use this facility of UMANG.
3. e-sign: through this people can digitally sign across documents without the need of being physically present at the time of document signing. this facility is being extensively used by the small companies to sign the paper works in a tender sitting at their offices.
4. Digi Locker: this is a cross platform application developed by the govt which allows the people to store their documents digitally without the need of physically carrying them. since the documents are already verified by the govt, hence these documents are considered to be as original without the need of extra verification.
Impact on the people
the Digital India scheme launched by the govt of India has a wide-ranging effect on the common people. the lifestyle of people has changed as a whole. let’s see them–
earlier a vast majority of people did not have a working newt connection as it was too expensive to afford. 1 GB (gigabyte) of data cost around 250 rupees. but since the arrival of this scheme, now people can avail 1.5 GB od data at a monthly rental of just 150 rupees. this has been possible due to the arrival of JIO telecom network in India under the company of Reliance Telecommunications. thus, people are getting access to internet even in the remotest part of the country.
next comes the payment system. earlier we had to wait for the shopkeepers to give us the exact change after eating a meal or buying any food item. but now a days almost every shop has the facility of online payment like Paytm, Phonepe, Google Pay etc. through this, we do not have the need to carry cash with us all the time. also, in public transport system the tickets are given online. this has reduced the cases of variable costing of the same route by different operators and has reduced the monopoly of the bus conductors.
the e-governance has been a hit amongst the people. every govt office is just a call or a tweet away. people find it easier to connect with the govt officials via the internet then physically visiting them and wasting the time.
thus, as we have seen, this scheme of Digital India has been a big success in the country. people have become more aware of the technology and that has helped in the growth of the economy. if the trend continues, then one day surely, we will be able to be as developed as the big countries like US, UK, Canada etc.